Sunday 4 December 2011

type development

Chris and I decided to change our four key words to 'Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter' as we felt that these words suited the colour  palettes of the paper selection tool effectively and allow us to deign a calendar as part of the deliverables. I laser cut the designs that I prepared by vectorising the type and then manipulating it so that it cut certain areas. I cut it backwards so that I could tape up the upwards-facing side after it finishes cutting to ensure that the pieces don't fall out when I take it out of the machine. This worked well and everything went exactly to plan. I then used a scalpel and tweezers to remove certain areas and to pull sections out and then replace them again on little stilts that I made from scrap-booking squares. This is to give the design some added dimension - multiple levels. I spray painted the first design in a brown shade I sourced which matches the 'Autumn' colour palette.

No comments:

Post a Comment