Monday 21 November 2011

Recipe card development

I decided to vectorize the banner from my previous design and I think this is much stronger visually. I also decided to adjust the tracking so that the recipe title fills the space of the banner better. As well as this I decided to add some gingham to the composition. The red gingham element of my designs has been an element that I have liked consistently, as in my opinion it says 'Picnic' better than any other pattern/flat colour. I think these gingham boxes help to balance the composition. I have decided to scrap the illustrations for the recipes as I feel that there is just too much going on visually - I think the gingham works better and has become the main visual - I think any more image will over crowd the designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment